Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Big Girl's Christmas Wish List

Dear Santa,

I know it is probably not often that you receive mail from the "bigger" kids in the world and although i have not written to you in a very very long time, i wanted to make a few requests of my own this year. I have tried to be a very grown up girl this year, and face my struggles head on. I have worked to be a decent mom to my kids, a hard worker and a good friend. I have tried to teach my kids to be kind and believe in themselves and all of their potential. I want them to know that they can be successful in life if they are honest and kind. For these reasons, I would like to ask you for the following gifts.

* I would like my family to be happy and healthy and for my children to always feel secure and loved.

* I would like you to bring extra special gifts to those people that have supported me over the last year. Without them, I don't know where I would be.

* I would like you to give me the courage and strength to face going back into the full time work force and make the transition easy on my two babies.

* I would love it if you could add more hours in the day.....maybe just 3 or 4??

* I hope that my daughter will continue to grow and thrive, and always feel that she can come to me with any problem that she has. Let her understand how much she means to me even when we may not always get along. Let her know that she is the light of my life, and brings me happiness in ways that are beyond description.

* I wish for her the strength she needs to deal with life as a 9 year old. Please continue to give her the gift of laughter and loads of silly fun.

* For my son........Words. Lots and lots more words, and the ability to continue to make progress around figuring them all out. Please let him understand how proud I am of him and that he makes my life so utterly wonderful just by being a part of it.

* I also want my little boy to have the gift of perseverance. He has been so blessed thus far and it is the gift that continues to get him through some tough times.

* Please let me find the strength to fight for an educational assistant for him for next year. Give me the tools i need so that i may learn to handle my worries a little better.

* Please leave me some speech therapy on my doorstep. I wont be greedy....10 sessions @ 135.00 and hour would suffice. That should cover 5 weeks. I would be forever grateful. :)

* Please let my kids continue to have wonderful friends who appreciate them and adore them for the amazing little people that they are.

* Please don't let them feel sad this year when something doesn't go their way.

*Please let Spencer be successful through his occupational therapy and let the Psychological assessment go well when it is finally our turn.

* Please bring Spencer the Diego Rescue Centre......this is the first year that he has truly ever asked for anything. He never used to like toys Santa, but thanks to you and all your magic....he does now.

* For me.........one last thing. Can you bring me some peace of mind? Not sure if the Elves still make that anymore down in the workshop. I would really appreciate it if you could find some and drop it under the tree for me when you stop by Christmas Eve. Comfort and laughter, and happiness would also fit nicely into my stocking. I would be such a good lady, mom and friend if you could find it in your heart to make my wishes come true.

* Lastly, I hope my kids believe in you for many many years to come. I hope they always know that there is a man with a belly like a bowl full of jelly who looks out for them all the year through.


My apologies if my list seems too long or too demanding. I hope you are doing well in the North Pole and that all of the Elves are helping you to get ready for the big night. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,
Jessica W.
(the not so little kid with a big Christmas Wish List)